Sunday, February 22, 2009

Psychedelic Furs "Elmo Insults" (live at the El Mocambo 7/15/81) REPOST








"Aren't you allowed to dance or anything? Must be like this in Las Vegas"

Richard Bultler queires the punters after song one at the good old El Macambo and that's just the beginning.....hence the name "Elmo Insults". Well if you've ever been to a show in Toronto, you knew what he meant.
I must admit I had never followed this band at all. I knew some of their stuff, but never bought an album. So I'm not 100% certain on songs titles here. However I really dug the energy and spirit of this gig. It show is from 1981, yet I don't think it was broadcast until late 1980's or early 1990's. This is another from my collection that somehow survived on cassette and was burned to CD much later. Broadcast by the once mighty CFNY in Toronto. During the 80's this station was the forerunner in promoting all kinds of new music, both local bands and from overseas. Unfortunately during the 90's and beyond, it morphed into yet another soulless, waste-of-space- on-the-dial corporate entities.
These are MP3's at 192k:

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff i got the link that you very kindly put on the furs BDD website. You seem to have some very cool shows & i will defo pop back & see what other gems you may have in the future.
    Thanks for posting it really is very appreciated.

    ReplyDelete