Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Waterboys - Live at the El Mocombo 12/06/84 (REPOST 3/01/13))




Hey now - yet another gem from the mighty CFNY archives. Can't remember when they actually broadcast this show, but I don't think it was on actual gig night (12/06/84). But who are we to complain?

Unfortunately I wasn't at this show, as I had just discovered their classic "Pagan Place" album a month or two after it's Canadian release. Can't even remember where/when I first saw them. I think it was at the Phoenix? And I have some fond memories of them opening for u2 at Massey Hall a few years after that. Oh what a night.......not to mention Mike Scott solo at Trinity Church in Toronto. What a beautiful venue to hear such inspirational music!

Anyhow, this El Mocambo (Toronto, Ontario) show from the Waterboys is likely out there someplace as a boot. Might even be on glorious wax!??

In terms of sound quality, I'd have to say it's an 8 1/2 pushing a 9. Much cleaner mix than the P. Furs show. So here is it 4 U........these are MP3's at 192K.

These are MP3's @ 320K
MEDIAFIRE


1 comment:

  1. THANKS! I downloaded this tonight. Brings back awesome memories :)

    ReplyDelete