Saturday, March 21, 2009

Kim Mitchell Band - Live in Oshawa 1984 (Much Music "Big Ticket") REPOST












I downloaded this a few weeks ago - played it once and enjoyed it. Pulled it out again this week, and thought "wow this is killer stuff!", so I thought I'd post here just for kicks.
To give proper props: I downloaded the audio & the blue cover from SOUNDABOARD (thanks Atticrock). As well, a dude named TITUS posted the black graphics (on left above) on Soundaboard. I liked the look of that too. Thanks Titus - sorry can't find yer link.
What can you say about the KMB? Bit of an odd career....they came out of the shoot rockin' like mad, then went on to some serious success in radio popland, only to fade away. I always thought it was kind of sad that the masses will only really remember "Patio Lanterns" when they left us a rock classic in the "Akimbo Alogo" album. IMHO, the line up on that 1st tour was the best there ever was of the KMB. I saw them a few times on this tour, and it was a kick ass blast!
Anyhow, this set was recorded for a Much Music "Big Ticket" special in 1984 in Oshawa (sorry don't know the date). Having said that I suppose it's been around forever on video/audio - all new to me though. Sound mix is excellent with a nice, clean bite to it. I'd give it a 9 to 9.5 sound quality rating.
I thought the KMB's WMMS Cleveland broadcast (May 1984) was fab, but this comes close to rivalling that! I'll probably end up cooking up that one for this spot soon too.
P.S. Funny note: about 10 years after this, I took my niece to see Sharon, Louise and Bram at Kingswood, and who should be playing drums? Paul De Long!! Ah.....the life of a Canadian Musician, eh!?

These are MP3's at 192K

4 comments:

  1. thanks a lot for this and the other Mitchell / Webster stuff. truly a great band.

    there's another Webster concert - from Ottawa I think - at that soundaboard site - do you have that up or could you sometime put that up? I have trouble getting it from the other site.

    thanks again for the irreplaceable, great tunes~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments - good to know someone is enjoying. Just ripped that Max in Ottawa (11/11/77) - should be up in a few days.
    Rock Steady
    Smithers Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone have links that still work where i can find these audio clips of max webster from oshawa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie - just send me an Email address where I can send files and I can forward

    ReplyDelete