Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Tragically Hip "Takes Toronto" (live 1987-1989) REPOST

















Kind of a cool collection of live Hip stuff in Toronto from 1987/88/89. Originally broadcast on the might Q107 sometime in early 2000(?). I did a CD up back in the day, and then "remastered" in in June 04. I played it several months ago and felt I could do a much better job on it today. So I fired up the old Sound Forge and am happier with results now.
Sound is a bit rough - not sure if these were all soundboard recordings (I assume they were). I'd give it a 7 to 7.5. I was surprised Q107 actually put this on the air. Obviously, it must have been approved by Hip management, as it was produced by the Rock Radio Network. Something for the collectors anyway.
After a bit of research, I see there is more Hip boots out there than I can possibly even wrap my head around. But if you're looking for some raw early stuff - this is the ticket! I also have another CD with more great early stuff. I'll be posting that in the next week or so.

These are MP3's at 192K

2 comments:

  1. I would love a copy of this.What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a copy of this.What do I need to do?

    ReplyDelete