Saturday, March 14, 2009

Neil Young (solo) "Visits Wonderland 8/26/89" (REPOST)


Yet another memorable Kingswood Theatre show at Canada's Wonderland (Maple, Ontario). Captured on my once trusty Sony Walkman.

Up to this point, I'd never really been a huge Neil fan. Sure, I knew the hits and all, but never really bought into the whole "genius" myth. Then I witnessed him walk out on this HUGE stage in front of 15,000 frothing fans, armed with just his acoustic guitar and his songs. To say I was blown away would be an understatement!!
Sound quality on this is OK for an audience boot. I'd probably give it a 6.5 to 7, but it has a nice vibe to it. Another warm summer night outdoors with some a great performer. How can you beat it?

An odd note about this show.......just a few months ago, I happened to mention this boot to a friend of mine that I had know for many years (hey Jacko!). He flipped as it turns out he was at this show too! Needless to say, I burned him a copy and he got off on it.

MP3's at 192K
E-MAIL ME IF INTERESTED

1 comment: