Monday, March 16, 2009

The Alarm - Live at RPM Club (Toronto) 3/01/86 (REPOSTED)




Wow - been a long time since I played this one.....and I really dug it! Yet another set from the mighty CFNY. Talk about promoting new music - that station was on it (well for a while anyway).

I did same old procedures on this cassette - made waves, tweaked a bit with EQ in Sound Forge, but this one really didn't need much work. It's got a has a nice raw edge to it. I'd say the sound quality is probably an 8 to 8.5. Performance is very energetic with some great early material here. I think I saw them at same club the following year. Ironically when I went to get a link to RPM, it now says it's a "dance club" (pass the barf bucket) called The Government. To it's credit, they do still have current "live" acts there regularly. Most of whom I've never heard of.....(says the old man). I was lucky enough to catch Ian Hunter there about 4 years ago, and yes, he still ROCKED the joint! I don't think many folk even know/remember who the hell he his. Damn shame because his last few albums were damn good.

Again, I'll get a track listing up in a few days. Just wanted to get the music out there now.

MP3's at 192K
E-MAIL ME IF INTERESTED


No comments:

Post a Comment