Friday, March 13, 2009

The Rainmakers - Live at the Copa (Toronto) 11/27/86 REPOST


Well here it is fans......it's only taken me 23 years to get around to actually "remastering" this set. I suppose remastering is far too fancy a term......this is from a cassette - I made wav files, then used Sound Forge (thanks Alex!) to clean up and EQ as best as I could. I'm pretty happy with the results though. Considering it's an audience tape (me trusty olde Sony Walkman), I'd give it a strong 7 to 7.5 in terms of sound quality.

As you can hear, me and my friends totally dug the set! If I'm not mistaken they were opening for a dude name Henry Lee Summer. He was famous for aprox. 1.5 minutes in the summer of 1986 with a song called "I Wish I Had A Girl". Anyway........the Rainmakers came, and they ROCKED!!

Love these guys - wish I could find more live stuff from them, but can't seem to sniff any out.

To my old friend Scott - this one's for you! Rock Steady!!
MP3 files @ 192K
E-MAIL ME IF INTERESTED

No comments:

Post a Comment